Friday, November 21, 2014

How'd It Go? A First Time Home buyer Shares Her Thoughts

I recently had the pleasure of helping a first time home buyer purchase her first home. After the transaction concluded I asked her if she wouldn't mind answering a few questions about her experience. She agreed to allow me to share her answers with you. I hope that her insight will give you a glimpse of the home buying experience from the buyers perspective. I asked her 5 questions that would allow her to give concise answers and provide some insight and perspective of the transaction.

Here are the questions I asked her:
  1. What was the easiest part of the home buying process?
  2. What was the hardest part of the home buying process?
  3. What could did your agent do to help you?
  4. What did you wish your agent do differently?
  5. How does it feel to be a new home owner?

These were her responses:
  1. The easiest part of the home buying process was being able to communicate with you as my agent.
  2. The hardest part of the home buying process was looking for a home & deciding whether or not to put an offer.
  3. If anything for first time buyers just making them more aware of what to expect during the home buying process as a whole.
  4. Nothing honestly, you were very helpful at all times and always available.
  5. It feels amazing, knowing you have made an investment and having your own place now!

I would like to highlight a view points that Rosa made. She pointed out that a few things that were important to her. She values communication, availability, and information from her agent. These three aspects of a real estate agent’s job may seem like common sense, but they can sometimes get lost in all of the paperwork, negotiations, and appointments involved in a real estate transaction. It was an important reminder to me of what clients truly value. In the end a real estate transaction is about helping a person achieve a goal….not just getting the best deal or making the most money!

I would like to thank Rosa for being kind enough to share her thoughts we me and all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment